Wednesday, 16 July 2014

It's working!!!

I finally got my column working yesterday, after about a week of trying different things to clean it out! I have no idea what happened to it, or what made it start working again, but all I need to know is that it is in fact again working!

And I have my best result yet for dissociation of TCV!! The graph I obtained is very similar to that of the paper I am working from (mentioned in an earlier blog). Let's have a look shall we!! (if you can't tell I'm pretty happy about this!)

This is the image from the original paper, the graph shows the absorbance at 280 nm. The gel underneath corresponds to the fractions taken at each point on the graph.

And this is my graph!! The is a plot of both absorbance at 260 and 280 nm on my graph. The two peaks can clearly be seen and they are of good resolution and smooth (unlike some of my other attempts!).
The first peak corresponds to the rp-complex of the TCV capsids and the second peak corresponds to coat protein.
I ran fractions from both peaks and they were both concentrated enough to show up on the gel! Which is another first!! So I'm pretty happy with yesterday's successes all in all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment