Tuesday 8 July 2014

Why won't you concentrate?!?!

So, a pretty unsuccessful beginning to week 5 of my internship.

I am still trying to do my chymotrypsin digestion experiment, but I am having trouble getting my sample concentrated enough to show up on my SDS PAGE gels! I am losing a lot of sample when I inject it onto the column, I don't know why, it's just not coming out! It's a little frustrating as I know that I can do the experiments and understand it, but I just can't get the result I want because of one small detail! I have heard from the other post docs and PhD students in the lab that this happens regularly in research. Of course I didn't expect everything to go swimmingly over my 8 weeks, but it would be nice for this experiment to start working sometime soon!

But all I can do is keep trying! I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment